Please cite the CRIRES reference articles when using CRIRES data: Käufl et al. 2004, SPIE 5492, 1218 (original CRIRES and upgraded CRIRES) plus Dorn, R.J. et al., ESO Messenger, 2014 (upgraded CRIRES).
Additional information is provided for MACAO (Paufique et al. 2004, SPIE 5490, 216) and the original CRIRES InSbdetector mosaic (Dorn et al. 2006, SPIE 5499, 510).
In the following, you will find all the manuals needed to prepare and analyze your observations with CRIRES. Please be sure to download the manual corresponding to the period in which the observations will take place. All the manuals are in pdf-format.
CRIRES User Manuals (after 2020)
- for Period 108, Phase 2 (v108.2)
- for Period 108, Phase 1 (v108.1) - read below!
Information concerning Science Verification: Users should not expect an RV precision better than 20 m/s.
OLD CRIRES User Manuals (pre-upgrade, until 2014)
- for Period 93, Phase 2 (v93.2)
- for Period 92, Phase 2 (v92.2)
- for Period 91, Phase 2 (v91.2)
- for Period 90, Phase 1 (v90.2)
- for Period 89, Phase 2 (v89.2)
- for Period 88, Phase 2 (v88.4)
- for Period 87, Phase 2 (v87.3)
- for Period 86, Phase 2 (v86.2)
- for Period 85, Phase 2 (v85.2)
- for Period 84, Phase 2 (v84.2)
- for Period 83, Phase 2 (v83.2)
- CRIRES Data Reduction FAQs
- Data Reduction Cookbook for the original CRIRES, Period 93 (v93.1), pre-upgrade, until 2014)