In this page, you will find all the manuals needed to prepare and analyze your observations with SPHERE. Please be sure to download the manual corresponding to the period in which the observations will take place.
All the manuals are in Adobe's Acrobat format.
- SPHERE User Manual
All information about the instrument itself, its observing modes and characteristics
- Period 106, Phase 2 (15th release).
- Period 105, Phase 1 (14th release), still valid for P106 Phase1.
- Period 104, Phase 2 (13th release).
- Period 104, Phase 1 (12th release).
- Period 103, Phase 2 (11th release).
- Period 102, Phase 2 (10th release), still valid for P103 Phase 1
- Period 101, Phase 1 (9th release), still valid for P102 Phase 1
- Period 100, Phase 2 (8th release)
- Period 100, Phase 1 (7th release)
- Period 99, Phase 1 (6th release)
- Period 97, Phase 2 (5th release), still valid for P98 Phase 1
- Period 96, Phase 2 (4th release), still valid for P97 Phase 1
- Period 95, Phase 2 (3rd release)
- Period 95, Phase 2 (2nd release)
- Period 95, Phase 1 (1st release)
- Science Verification (2nd release)
- SPHERE Calibration Plan
Data Reduction Frequently Asked Questions
A list of Frequently Asked Questions on data reduction will also be available.