Local and Practical Information
Weather in Santiago
Santiago, due to its position in the central region, has a Mediterranean climate with well-defined seasons. In March, the diurnal max temperature is usually 26°C (78.8ºF) while in the night the average is 10°C (50ºF).
You can check the weather on the Weather Channel.
Restaurants in Vitacura
There is a number of restaurants and small places to eat around the ESO office. You can find more information here.
How to get Chilean money
- At the airport: you will find ATMs at the first and third level, International Central Hall. They accept Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron, Cirrus, Plus and Maestro.
There is also an office of the Santander Santiago bank, located at the second level, International Central Hall. It opens from 09:00 - 14:00 hr.
Finally, the exchange office AFEX is opened 24 hours a day, and is located at the first and third level, International Central Hall.
- Most internationally recognized currencies can be exchanged at commercial banks and foreign exchange agencies. Credit cards are accepted in most hotels, restaurants and shops. Banks are opened from Monday to Friday, from 9:00 to 14:00 hr.
The exchange rate for Chilean Currency is approximately:
- 1 USD = 672 Chilean pesos
- 1 € (Euro) = 759 Chilean pesos
Other Useful Information
- Chile's standard time zone is UTC/GMT - 3 hours.
- Currency converter
- Santiago Metro and Santiago public transportation. .
- Do you need a Visa to enter Chile? Check here!
- Sightseeing in Santiago: Sightseeing, museums, shopping malls, picturesque quarters are described here and here.
- Invited Speakers
- Registration Fee Payment
- Programme (PDF)
- Information for Speakers
- Information for Posters
- Information about Zenodo
- Travel Information
- ALMA visit
- Local Information
- Conference photos