Archives and Catalogues
The following Archives and Catalogues can be helpful for proposal preparation and for preparing an observing run.
- ESO Science Archive Query Form.
For a comprehensive overview of the on-line ESO/ST-ECF archives and catalogues please refer to the Science Archive Facility.
- ESO Online Digitized Sky Survey (DSS)
- Interactive 2MASS Image Service for the NASA/IPAC Infrared Sciene Archive
Catalogues and Databases
- Standard Star Catalogue Search Tool
- HST Guide Star Catalogue (GSC)
- ESO/ST-ECF USNO-A2.0 Catalogue Server
Standard Stars Data
Below follows a non-exhaustive list of on-line standard star catalogues. Note that the information might note be fully up-to-date and that some further improvements may be needed.
- Landolt's Standard Fields, with finding charts scanned
- The General Catalogue of Photometric Data (GCPD)
- Optical and UV Spectrophotometric Standards
- Spectrophotometric Calibration OBs for EMMI (gZipped PostScript, 1.6 Mb)
- Photometric Standard Stars: NICMOS and ARNICA
- Spectrophotometric Standards
- Siebenmorgen MidIr Standards, and Siebenmorgen/Sterzik list
Adaptive Optics Guide Stars
Guide Star Finder: A Web tool aimed at searching for suitable adaptive optics guide stars, either for single objects as for a list of observing targets.
The tool is based on the USNO-SA2.0 catalogue. Work is in progress to use USNO-B catalogue as an option. The tool also offers the possibility to choose the selection criteria from a short list of different strategies.