Interferometry tutorial linksSubmitting proposals for MIDI implies a basic knowledge of optical long-baseline stellar interferometry. Astronomers not acquainted with this technique can find tutorials at the following links:
- Proceedings of VLTI Euro Summer School held in Goutelas, France, 4 - 16 June, 2006
- Optical Long Baseline Interferometry News tutorials
- VLTI general description and tutorials
- Proceedings of 2006 Euro Summer school "Observing and Data Reduction with the VLTI"
- Interferometry tutorial (in german).
Useful links about MIDI
- ESO Press-Release on protoplanetary disk observations with MIDI (24 Nov 2004)
- ESO Press-Release on NGC 1068 observations with MIDI, and interpretations (5 May 2004)
- ESO Press-Release on first AGN observations (NGC 1068) with MIDI (19 June 2003)
- ESO Press-Release on MIDI first fringes (18 December 2002)