Paranal Decommissioned Instruments
Information on the following decommissioned instruments is available:
- FORS1 - The FOcal Reducer and low dispersion Spectrograph.
- ISAAC - The Infrared Spectrometer And Array Camera.
- NaCo - Nasmyth Adaptive Optics System (NAOS) Near-Infrared Imager and Spectrograph (CONICA) (to be decommissioned on 1st October 2019)
- SINFONI - The Spectrograph for INtegral Field Observations in the Near Infrared
- VIMOS - The VIsible MultiObject Spectrograph
- AMBER - The Astronomical Multi-Beam combineR
- MIDI - The Mid-Infrared (8-13 mm) 2-way beam combiner Spectral resolution R=30 (prism), R=230 (grism).
- PRIMA - The Instrument for Phase-Referenced Imaging and Microarcsecond Astrometry.
- VINCI - The VLT Interferometer Commissioning Instrument.K-band.
- VIRCAM - VISTA InfraRed CAMera.