Observer's Tools and Generic Standard Stars
Further Tools can be found on the Science Users Information Tools and Services pages.
Paranal group on Calibration and Instrument Stability
- CALISTA pages on sky characteristics, as well as lists of standard and calibration stars by observation type and instrument
Positions, Airmass, Almanach ...
See also Ephemerides and Calculators on the Science User Information page.
- Sky Calendar Tool: Sun rise, Sun set, twilights, Moon rise and set for one full month
- Object Seasonal Observability: visibility of an object over a long period
- Digital Sky Survey:
- Airmass, Extinction coefficients, Parallactic angle...:
Units Converters and Ephemeris
- Magnitude/Jansky Convertor (from ST-ECF NICMOS), and the Ultimate Magnitude/Flux/Magnitude convertor, from STSci
- JD converter: Converts civil date to julian date and reverse
- Horizons Ephemeris calculator from JPL. The code to use for La Silla is 809.