La Silla News
The section provides the latest telescope and instruments news from the La Silla Site.
More news can be found in the news section of the La Silla Science Operations page.
- March 14, 2010: Updated service observing information Service Observing
- November 20, 2009: A new technique using near-infrared images, obtained with s 3.58-metre New Technology Telescope (NTT) ESO Watching a Cannibal Galaxy Dine
- April 6, 2009: La Silla Astroclimatology information (weather, seeing, extinction) was moved to a new location and can now be found on the mean navigation menu of the La Silla Facilities pages. Additional La Silla astroclimatology information will be added here.
- February 11, 2009: From the second week of July, 2009, observations will be carried out from a new control room located in the administration building.
- February 11, 2009: A new page describing the way that operations will run after P83 (ie from October 2009) is available here.
- April 22, 2008: A document that explains how to interface visitor instruments with focal stations of La Silla telescopes is available (2.8 MB PDF format).
- March 27, 2007: The dome of the 3.6m has been fully restored, and moves with nominal speed.
- October 05, 2006: The dome of the 3.6m enters an extended period of corrective maintenance. Science operations at the 3.6m is temporarily suspended until further notice.
- May 17, 2006: A Trio of Neptunes discovered with HARPS, see ESO PR 18/06
- January 26, 2006: A 5.5M_earth planet discovered with the 1.54m Danish telescope.