The Cube Analysis and Rendering Tool for Astronomy (CARTA), is the next generation image visualization and analysis tool designed for ALMA, VLA, and SKA pathfinders. As of January 2022, the improved version CARTA 2.0 is available on the ALMA Science Archive.
Improved Image Visualization and Analysis with CARTA 2.0
Published: 19 Jan 2022
The release version 2.0 of CARTA has the the following features (for more detailed information, please visit CARTA's webpage):
- Multi-profile plot with the spectral profiler;
- Progress report and cancellation when requesting a long file list;
- Forming a Stokes hypercube at image loading stage;
- Colorbar display in the image viewer and enhanced raster image config widget;
- Support rectangular pixel rendering for PV image;
- Filtering function in the spectral line query widget;
- Enhanced FITS and CASA image support;
- Saving subimage;
- Searching a keyword from image header;
- Profile fitting in the spectral profiler;
- Marker-based catalog rendering and performance enhancement;
- New deployment modes.
The EU ARC Network organizes an online training on CARTA on 18th February, 2022. Please, find more information here.