From 16 - 20 October 2017 ASTRON (the Netherlands Institute for Radio Astronomy) and JIVE (Joint Institute for VLBI ERIC) will host the European Radio Interferometry School, ERIS 2017. This school is the seventh of a series of summer schools supported by RadioNet. ERIS will provide a week of lectures and tutorials on how to achieve scientific results from radio interferometry.
ERIS 2017 - European Radio Interferometry School 2017
The topics covered by the lectures/tutorials will include:
- Calibration and imaging of continuum, spectral line, and polarization data
- Low frequency (LOFAR domain), cm-wave (e-MERLIN domain), decimetre-wave (HI/OH domain), high frequency (ALMA/IRAM domain), and VLBI interferometry
- Extracting the information from astronomical data and interpreting the results
- Choosing the most suitable array and observing plan for your project.
Previous ERIS schools:
- Manchester, 5-9 September 2005 (http://www.radionet-eu.org/rnwiki/SchoolOrganisationPages)
- Bonn, 10-15 September 2007 (http://www3.mpifr-bonn.mpg.de/div/eris)
- Oxford, 7-11 September 2009 (http://astrowiki.physics.ox.ac.uk/ERIS2009)
- Rimini, 5-10 September 2011 (http://www.ira.inaf.it/meetings/rm11)
- Dwingeloo, 9-13 September 2013 (http://www.astron.nl/eris2013)
- Garching, 9-13 September 2015 (https://www.eso.org/sci/meetings/2015/eris2015.html)
Due to logistical limitations we will be able to accommodate up to 80 participants. We encourage potential participants to proceed with the online registration as soon as possible. Later registrants will be put on a waiting list.
LOC: J. McKean, H. J. van Langevelde, Z. Paragi, M. Iacobelli, L. Elpenhof, F. Möller
SOC: J. McKean (RuG/ASTRON), H. J. van Langevelde (JIVE), A. Biggs (ESO), B. Campbell (JIVE), M. Giroletti (JIVE), M. Iacobelli (ASTRON), K. Johnston (Leed U.), R. Laing (ESO), Z. Paragi (JIVE), V. Piétu (IRAM), A. Richards (Manchester U.), W. Lemmings (Chalmers U.)
Further details can be found on the ERIS 2017 web site.