Extragalactic Research Group
Welcome to the web-page of the ESO-Chile Extragalactic Research
We have currently over 20 members including staff astronomers, fellows, PhD and MSc students. The group as a whole has a broad range of scientific interests, covering many topics related to the formation and evolution of galaxies, including our own Milky Way.
- Deconstructing Galaxies: Structure and Morphology in the Era of Large Surveys is a conference that will be held at the ESO premises in Santiago, Chile, on November 18-22, 2013. Find more details here.
- Krühler, T. et al.: Molecular hydrogen in the damped Lyman α system towards GRB 120815A at z = 2.36, 2013, A&A 557, 18 (ADS)
- Krogager, J-K. et al.: Comprehensive study of a z = 2.35 DLA Galaxy: mass, metallicity, age, morphology and SFR from HST and VLT, 2013, MNRAS 433, 3091 (ADS)
- Mieske, S. et al.: On central black holes in ultra-compact dwarf galaxies, 2013, A&A 558, 14 (ADS)
- Muñoz-Mateos, J. C. et al.: The Impact of Bars on Disk Breaks as Probed by S4G Imaging, 2013, ApJ 771, 59 (ADS)
- Saulder, C. et al.: Calibrating the fundamental plane with SDSS DR8 data, 2013, A&A 557, 21 (ADS)
- Vásquez, S. et al.: 3D kinematics through the X-shaped Milky Way bulge, 2013, A&A 555, 91 (ADS)
- Vlahakis, C. et al.: A CO J = 3-2 map of M51 with HARP-B: radial properties of the spiral structure, 2013, MNRAS 433, 1837 (ADS)