The Call for Proposals for observations at ESO telescopes in Period 109 (1 April 2022 - 30 September 2022) has been released. Please consult the Period 109 document for the main news items and policies related to applying for time on ESO telescopes. All technical information about the offered instruments and facilities is contained on ESO webpages that are linked from the Call. The proposal submission deadline is 12:00 CEST 23 September 2021.
Call for Proposals for Period 109
Published: 27 Aug 2021
Some of the important changes for Period 109 are summarised here:
- Applicants are reminded that the Dual-Anonymous Peer Review (DAPR, see earlier announcement) is fully deployed since Period 108. Applicants must prepare their proposals following the anonymisation rules and examples described in this link, which also gives a detailed description of the DAPR paradigm.
- Additional observing modes are now available with the upgraded CRIRES instrument, which now allows the following modes: classical spectroscopy, spectro-polarimetry, spectro-astrometry, differential tracking, and generic offsets.
- VIRCAM operations have been extended until the end of Period 109, which is expected to be the last Period in which VIRCAM is offered, before the start of the modifications required at VISTA for the installation of 4MOST. Normal Programme proposals are accepted in Period 109 for this instrument without restrictions on atmospheric conditions, lunar phase or RA range.
- OmegaCAM at the VST is no longer offered.
- The visitor focus of the 3.6-metre telescope is not offered during Period 109 due to the installation and commissioning of NIRPS. However, NTT, APEX and the Nasmyth A focus of UT1 are available for a Visitor Instrument. Further, two visitor foci for an interferometric instrument are available in the VLTI laboratory. Interested users should consult Section 3 of the Call for Proposals document.
- Two new instruments are offered to the ESO community at APEX: CONCERTO and LASMA. Interested users should consult Section 1.1.4 of the Call for Proposals document for further details.