SINFONI Science Verification
The science verification (SV) for SINFONI was carried following the VLT Science Verification Policy and Procedures .
SV runs were interleaved with last commissioning and test activities, taking place between August 2004 and the beginning of operation for P75.
- SINFONI instrument pages
- VLT Science Verification pages
Getting Data and Reducing Them
[December 2004]: Science verification data are available for the August, October and December run through the ESO archive (select as instrument SINFONI).
A very preliminary data reduction pipeline is available. If you are interested in using it (at your own risk), please contact Markus Kissler-Patig
For users of this pipeline: consult the draft pipeline FAQ pages.
Science Verification programs for SINFONI listed in decreasing redshift
[March 2007] Papers using verification data are linked below.
- The mass and star formation of high-redshift lensed galaxies
- Dynamics of galaxies at z=3.2
- Star formation in Damped Ly-Alpha Clouds
- Stellar populations and Kinematics of K-selected z>1.4 starbursts
- NIR host galaxy properties of the most luminous X-ray AGN at 0.04 < z < 1
[March 2007] see the link to the Paper
- Stellar population and kinematic properties of ULIRGs and Seyfert galaxies
- Searching for black holes in giant Es
- A zoom into the nuclei of IC1459 and NGC7582
- Observations of Starclusters in Starburst Galaxies
- Supernova 1987A
- Galactic spiral structure
- Protostellar Disks and Envelopes
- Near-infrared compositional mapping of small solar system bodies with SINFONI