Xwindow's problem

Dear midas users
    I have installed midas98novpl1.4 under Red Hat Linux 6.0 and also
downloaded the libf2c.so.0 file from ESO site.Stat/image is working
now.While using gnome desktop and doing the verification @@ veriall  ,I
encountered this error messages:
copy/display ? stop
make sure that your midas display window is completely inside the area
of your workstation screen otherwise Xwindow will go wild with an
XBadmatch error..
Xerror of failed request:Badmatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request:73 (X_GetImage)
serial number of failed request: 125

When I tried loa/ima centaur .The image is loaded at different desktops
away from midas's terminal.I am a novice to gnome desktop.Anyone can
please tell me how to configure the Xwindow's location?BTW,what happened
to xv in RHLinux 6.0?Thanks a lot.

rgds
woOBK

rgds