Re: Again: Midas on 24bit displays under Linux

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Otmar Stahl wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> You probably remember that 24bit displays under Midas have been discussed
> here before. I read again carefully Klaus Banse's mail from Sep.14, 1998,
> but this confused me even more. I still have problems figuring out how to do
> it or if it can be done at all. Maybe somebody can help me out.
>
> That's what I did. I have installed Midas 98NOVpl1.6 on Linux (SuSE 5.3).
> With the X-Server running at 8bit depth, everything works fine. When I
> switch to 24bit depth, "crea/dis" crashes.

Dear Otmar,

 there is still the possibility to buy Accelerated X, a comercial X-server
 which is able to provide you a PseudoColor visual overlay on a TruyeColor
 visual. This X-server provides support of accelerated graphic hardware. A
 stand alone license costs about 100-200 DM but a OEM version of Accelerated X
 is included in the Deutsche-Linux Distribution DLD which is cheaper than
 the stand alone Xserver. Go to www.delix.de for more information and a
 link to Accelerated X.

 Werner Becker