FITS header problem

Hi,

I would appreciate for any help/suggestions

I'm try to construct OST table.
Unfortunately in my FITS files RA and DEC keywords are in
string formats. As I understand MIDAS, by default, expect these
keyword as REAL or DOUBLE.

When I use INTAPE or INDISK all fine. I just receive a warning
about conversion. But when I try to use "create/ost ..."
nothing happens. When I try to do that from GUI/DO gui just
crashed. I even try to indicate in input table (for create/ost
command) that RA and DEC must have "C*32" format but result
the same :(

Thank you,
Sergey