Meet ESO at the Big Science Business Forum 2018
5. června 2017
The Big Science Business Forum 2018 (BSBF2018) aims to be the first one-stop-shop for European businesses and other stakeholders to learn about the future investments and procurements coming from Europe’s Big Science organisations. The event is organised by the Danish Ministry for Science and Higher Education in Copenhagen, Denmark, together with ESO and other European Big Science organisations. It is hosted by bigscience.dk and takes place on 26–28 February 2018.
1000 participants are expected to participate, mainly from European businesses and organisations planning to engage in the Big Science market. Dedicated parallel sessions, one-on-one meetings and an exhibition will give participants an opportunity to:
- Learn about business opportunities in the coming years, within a wide range of business areas.
- Meet representatives from Europe’s Big Science organisations and their key suppliers.
- Partake in discussions related to the opportunities and challenges of the Big Science market.
- Network and establish partnerships via business-to-business meetings, business-to-customer meetings, and in the open exhibition area.
- Get insight into procurement rules, intellectual property rights, technology transfer and how businesses can interact with the Big Science market.
- See detailed presentations on future procurements.
The following organisations are members of the International Organising Committee and have been involved in setting up the forum: The European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), the European Space Agency (ESA), the European Southern Observatory (ESO), the European Spallation Source (ESS), the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF), the European X-Ray Free Electron Laser Facility (European XFEL), Fusion for Energy (F4E) and Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL).
Community Coordinator & Communication Strategy Officer
ESO education and Public Outreach Department
Tel: +49 89 320 069 65
Head of Contracts and Procurement
European Southern Observatory
Garching bei Muenchen, Germany
Tel: +49 89 3200 6438