ESO Annual Report 2011 now available
2 July 2012
The ESO Annual Report 2011 is now available. It presents the many activities of the European Southern Observatory throughout the last year, covering topics including:
- Research highlights from ESO facilities, with the latest results from fields such as exoplanets and planet formation; the centre of our galaxy, the Milky Way; the study of active galactic nuclei; the first stars; and the reionisation of the Universe.
- A summary of the activities of ESO’s telescopes.
- The status of the astronomical instruments at the La Silla Paranal Observatory, describing in detail new instruments and upgrades.
- The latest news from the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) and European Extremely Large Telescope (E-ELT) projects.
- Download the ESO Annual Report 2011 here
Directorate for Science
ESO, Garching, Germany
Tel: +49 89 3200 6235
Lars Lindberg Christensen
Head of ESO ePOD
ESO ePOD, Garching, Germany
Tel: +49 89 3200 6761
Cellular: +49 173 3872 621
About the Announcement