Past Conferences and Workshops in Chile and Latin America
This document lists past events organized by ESO. Upcoming events are listed in a document on Conferences and Workshops in Europe, Chile and elsewhere in Latin America.
Meetings in 2012
- ESO Workshop on Observing Planetary Systems II,
Santiago, Chile, March 5-8, 2012.
- Joint ESO/IAG/USP Workshop on Circumstellar Dynamics at High Resolution,
Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, February 27 - March 02, 2012.
- ESO Workshop on Ecology of Blue Straggler Stars,
Santiago, Chile, November 5-9, 2012
- The First Year of ALMA Science,
Puerto Varas, Chile, December 12-15, 2012
Meetings in 2011
- ESO Workshop on Multiwavelength Views of the ISM in High-Redshift Galaxies,
Santiago, Chile, June 27-30, 2011.
- ESO Workshop on Dynamics of Low-Mass Stellar Systems: From Star Clusters to Dwarf Galaxies,
Santiago, Chile, April 4-8, 2011.
- ESO Workshop on Evolution of Compact Binaries,
Vina del Mar, Chile, March 6-11, 2011.
Meetings in 2010
- ESO Workshop on Spiral Structure in the Milky Way: Confronting observations and theory,
Bahìa Inglesa, Chile, November 7-10, 2010.
Meetings in 2009
Meetings in 2008
- Seventh Alexander Friedmann International Seminar on Gravitation and Cosmology,
João Pessoa, Brazil, June 29 - July 5, 2008.
- Star Formation Across The Milky Way Galaxy. An ESO Workshop,
Santiago, Chile, March 3-6, 2008.
- First La Plata International School on Astronomy and Geophysics: Compact Objects and their Emission,
Facultad de Ciencias Astronómicas y Geofísicas: La Plata, Argentina, March 10-14, 2008.
- XXII Astronomy National Meeting/ XXII Congreso Nacional de Astronomia,
Mexico City, April 16-18, 2008.
Meetings in 2007
- January 8 - 12, 2007, Concepción, Chile: THIRD CHILEAN ADVANCED SCHOOL OF ASTROPHYSICS: Insights in Galaxy Evolution from Stellar Populations in Resolved Galaxies
- March 5-8, 2007, Santiago, Chile: ESO WORKSHOP ON OBSERVING PLANETARY SYSTEMS
- March 19 - 23, Santiago, Chile: SCS PIRE SUMMER SCHOOL ON THE LARGE SCALE STRUCTURE-CMB CONNECTION
- July 14, ESO Office, Santiago, Chile: 1RA CONFERENCIA DE ASTRONOMIA PARA PERSONAS SORDAS Dr. Dominique Proust, Observatorio de Paris, Meudon
Meetings in 2006
- March 6 - 10, 2006, Universidad de Concepción, Chile: GLOBULAR CLUSTERS - GUIDES TO GALAXIES
- December 4 - 8, 2006, Santiago, Chile: FOURTH ADVANCED CHILEAN SCHOOL OF ASTROPHYSICS: Interferometry in the epoch of ALMA and VLT-I
Meetings in 2005
- January 12 - 14, 2005, Fac. Cs. Físicas y Matemáticas, Universidad de Concepción, Chile: 4TA REUNION ANUAL SOCIEDAD CHILENA DE ASTRONOMIA (SOCHIAS 2005 ANNUAL MEETING)
- December 5 - 9, 2005, Santiago, Chile: GROUPS OF GALAXIES IN THE NEARBY UNIVERSE
- December 8 - 10, 2005, Santiago, Chile: LATIN AMERICAN ASTRONOMY SUMMER SCHOOL
- December 12 - 16, 2005, Pucón, Chile: 11th LATIN-AMERICAN REGIONAL IAU MEETING (LARIM-2005)
Meetings in 2004
- January 12 - 14, Santiago, Chile: 3RD ANNUAL MEETING OF THE SOCIEDAD CHILENA DE ASTRONOMIA (SOCHIAS). More information: http://www.sochias.cl
- January 28, ESO/Vitacura: Micro Workshop Interferometry (MWI)
- April 22 and April 29, ESO/Vitacura: Science Days 2004 - Programme (Photos)
- July 21-23, Campus San Joaquín PUC: 2DO SIMPOSIO NACIONAL DE ESTUDIANTES DE FISICA (SESINEF)
- October 4 - 8, Valparaíso, Chile: THE COOL UNIVERSE: OBSERVING COSMIC DAWN
2004 IAOC INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP
- November 12 - 17, Coyhaique, Chile: VI Congreso Nacional y II Congreso Internacional de Astronomia Amateur de Chile
- December 6-10, Santiago, Chile: 2ND ADVANCED CHILEAN SCHOOL OF ASTROPHYSICS : FIRST LARGE SCALE STRUCTURES IN THE UNIVERSE AND THEIR EVOLUTION
Meetings in 2003
- March 11-14, Antofagasta: International Workshop: First Decadal Review of the Edgeworth-Kuiper-Belt - Towards New Frontiers
- November 4-6, ESO/Vitacura: ESO Fellow Symposium, Papers and Photos
- December 3-6, ESO/Vitacura: JOINT WORKSHOP "PHYSICS OF ACTIVE GALACTIC NUCLEI AT ALL SCALES"
Daily Conference Program (Papers) and
- December 15-19, FONDAP Auditorium at Cerro Calan, Observatorio Astronomico, Santiago, Chile: FIRST ADVANCED CHILEAN SCHOOL on "EXTRASOLAR PLANETS AND BROWN DWARFS"
Link to papers: France Allard, Jill Knapp, Scott Tremaine
Meetings in 2002
- January 14-16, ESO/Vitacura: Interferometry Week
- March 5-7, La Serena: International Conference on light pollution (Organization)
- March 11-15, La Serena: Workshop on Galactic Star Formation Across the Stellar Mass Spectrum
- October 28-31, ESO/Vitacura International Workshop on Structure Evolution and Cosmology: New Synergy between Ground-based Observations, Space Observations and Theory
- December 9-11, Concepcion: International Workshop on Stellar Candles for the Extragalactic Distance Scale
Meetings in 2001
- January 15-19, ESO/Vitacura: International Inter-Institutional Workshop: Magnetic Fields Across the Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram
Meetings in 2000
- March 15-18, La Serena: ESO/CTIO/LCO International Workshop: STARS, GAS AND DUST IN GALAXIES: EXPLORING THE LINKS
Meetings in 1999
- March 1-4, Antofagasta: VLT Opening Symposium