Tools and TipsThis page contains all tools and tips needed to prepare efficiently FORS observations.
FORS2 specific toolsTools and information to prepare and execute FORS2 observations.
- FORS Instrument Mask Simulator fims : during the Phase II Proposal Preparation, some observing modes will require interactive mask preparation with this tool.
- FORS Standard Stars and Fields
- UCAC1 catalog: CCD astrometry for the southern sky (VizieR Search Page)
- FORS2 Zero Points trend analysis from the daily health check monitor.
- FORS2 calibration reference frames. This page contains exemples of what the offered data calibration should look like.
For historical reference, we keep here the same information for FORS1: ZPs and calibration reference frames.
Generic Tools and information
- ETC, Exposure Time Calculators
- Proposal Preparation and Submission
- Preparation of Phase 2 material for service mode observations.
- FORS science: most popular FORS papers listed by year, as of September 2010. "Popular" here means having >= 10 ADS citations. NB: science categories are rather arbitrary. For a most recent listing, please see the Science subsection.