Extragalactic Research Group
Welcome to the web-page of the ESO-Chile Extragalactic Research
We have currently over 20 members including staff astronomers, fellows, PhD and MSc students. The group as a whole has a broad range of scientific interests, covering many topics related to the formation and evolution of galaxies, including our own Milky Way.
- Deconstructing Galaxies: Structure and Morphology in the Era of Large Surveys is a conference that will be held at the ESO premises in Santiago, Chile, on November 18-22, 2013. Find more details here.
- Aladro, R. et al.: A lambda=3 mm molecular line survey of NGC1068. Chemical signatures of an AGN environment, 2013, A&A 549, 39 (ADS)
- Brammer, G. et al.: A Tentative Detection of an Emission Line at 1.6 μm for the z ~ 12 Candidate UDFj-39546284, 2013, ApJL 765, 2 (ADS)
- Brammer, G. et al.: 3D-HST Grism Spectroscopy of a Gravitationally Lensed, Low-metallicity Starburst Galaxy at z = 1.847, 2012, ApJL 758, 17 (ADS)
- Carraro, G. et al.: Five old open clusters more in the outer Galactic disc, 2013, MNRAS 428, 502 (ADS)
- Foster, C. et al.: Galaxy And Mass Assembly (GAMA): The mass-metallicity relationship, 2012, A&A 547, 79 (ADS)
- Gadotti, D.A. & Sánchez-Janssen, R.: Surprises in image decomposition of edge-on galaxies: does Sombrero have a (classical) bulge?, 2012, MNRAS 423, 877 (ADS)
- Krogager, J.-K. et al.: On the sizes of z≳2 damped Lyα absorbing galaxies, 2012, MNRAS Letters 424, 1 (ADS)