ann11010 — Announcement
ESO Releases The Messenger No. 143
21 March 2011
- A report on the results of ALMA radiometer testing — checking the array’s ability to correct the effect of water vapour on millimetre wavelength detections.
- An outline of the possibilities and goals for the upcoming VLTI astrometry instrument GRAVITY.
- A discussion on how we can use the strong appearance of ozone in the visible spectrum to hunt for exoplanets with Earth-like atmospheres.
- An article looking at how the SINFONI Integral Field Spectroscopy Survey will help us to understand how galaxies form.
- The results of the ESO Hidden Treasures astrophotography competition.
The journal is available for download in PDF format. You can also subscribe to receive a free printed copy on The Messenger’s website.
- The Messenger No. 143 (March, 2011) (PDF file, 9.9 MB)
Interactive view: click on the arrows to flip the pages, or on the cover image to view it in fullscreen size.
About the Announcement