Tools and Tips
XSHOOTER contributed paper library
- Articles through ADS..
- An excerpt of XSHOOTER operations at Paranal by Martayan et al..
- The physical model in action: quality control for X-Shooter by Moehler et al.
- The X-shooter pipeline by Modigliani et al.
- Using the X-shooter physical model to understand instrument flexure by Bristow et al.
- Performances of X-shooter by Vernet et al.
- There was a meeting devoted to the 1st year of XSHOOTER science (October 19-22, 2010). For all details, see the website.
- "Building up a database of spectro-photometric standard stars from the UV to the NIR: a status report" by Vernet et al., 2008, SPIE, 7016E, 46.
- "Results of X-shooter data reduction software on laboratory frames" by Goldoni et al., 2008, SPIE, 7014E, 193.
Publications based on data obtained with XSHOOTER should quote the following reference paper:Vernet et al. 2011, A&A, 536A, 105 .
XSHOOTER specific tools and information
- Our SM spectrophotometric standard stars.
- ThAr lines atlas for the UVB and VIS arm.
- Sky lines atlas for the NIR arm
- xshooter pipeline, REFLEX worflow available
Telluric standard stars observations WARNING:
- the telluric standard stars observed by the Observatory should have about 10000 ADUs in the middle of the brightest orders of each arms (S/N~50-100). If the user needs the observation of a specific star or needs very high signal to noise, corresponding calibration OBs should be prepared and submitted. The corresponding time will be charged to his/her program. In addition, the Observatory does not provide observations of telluric standard stars with slits of 5”. Ditto by default in service mode, the telluric standard stars are observed in (IFU or SLIT) stare mode. If the users need other kind of observations, they should indicate it in the README or better supply their own OBs. The Observatory already spend about 10% of the available time for taking telluring standard stars spectra, a change from stare to nodding mode would increase by 25% this time spent.
Generic tools and informationSome information and tools that are shared by all instruments.
- ETC, Exposure Time Calculators
- Proposal Preparation and Submission
- Preparation of Phase 2 material for service mode (SM) observations. Please check also the instrument specific phase 2 requirements or phase 2 news.
- Instrument Health Check (HC) plots . Click on the X-SHOOTER entry on the top left corner to access to the monitoring plots of the XSHOOTER UVB, VIS and NIR spectrographs.