Messenger Issue 143
The Messenger is a quarterly journal presenting ESO's activities to the public. The highlights of this edition published in March 2011 include:
- A report on the results of ALMA radiometer testing — checking the array’s ability to correct the effect of water vapour on millimetre wavelength detections.
- An outline of the possibilities and goals for the upcoming VLTI astrometry instrument GRAVITY.
- A discussion on how we can use the strong appearance of ozone in the visible spectrum to hunt for exoplanets with Earth-like atmospheres.
- An article looking at how the SINFONI Integral Field Spectroscopy Survey will help us to understand how galaxies form.
- The results of the ESO Hidden Treasures astrophotography competition.
About the Messenger
<img src='/public/archives/icons/icon_shop.png' />Buy in shop
|Release date:||22 March 2011, 11:24|
|Dimensions:||21 cm (W) x 29.8 cm (H)|
More details about this product:
See the ESO Shop Catalogue.