Messenger Issue 140
The Messenger is a quarterly journal presenting ESO's activities to the public. The highlights of this edition published in June 2010 include:
- A roundup of proposed instruments for the planned E-ELT;
- An in-depth look at the FORS instruments on the VLT on the occasion of their double 10th anniversary;
- Updates on new advances in adaptive optics;
- How astronomers are using the CRIRES spectrograph on the VLT to search for exoplanets orbiting very low-mass stars and brown dwarfs; and
- Wolf-Rayet stars and the search for the origins of gamma ray bursts.
About the Messenger
<img src='/public/archives/icons/icon_shop.png' />Buy in shop
|Release date:||15 December 2010, 12:43|
|Dimensions:||21 cm (W) x 29.7 cm (H)|
More details about this product:
See the ESO Shop Catalogue.