Messenger Issue 140
The Messenger is a quarterly journal presenting ESO's activities to the public. The highlights of this edition published in June 2010 include:
- A roundup of proposed instruments for the planned E-ELT;
- An in-depth look at the FORS instruments on the VLT on the occasion of their double 10th anniversary;
- Updates on new advances in adaptive optics;
- How astronomers are using the CRIRES spectrograph on the VLT to search for exoplanets orbiting very low-mass stars and brown dwarfs; and
- Wolf-Rayet stars and the search for the origins of gamma ray bursts.
This Messenger is not available for sale.Credit: