ann11064 — Announcement
ESO Releases The Messenger No. 145
14 September 2011
The newest edition of ESO’s quarterly journal, The Messenger, is now available online. In this issue, find out the latest from ESO, with topics ranging from new instruments to ground-breaking discoveries. Highlights include:
- How the TRAPPIST telescope has been helping the hunt for exoplanets.
- Plans for a new massive-multiplexed spectrograph for ESO.
- Learning some of the secrets of the outer Solar System, with a look into the tenuous atmospheres of Pluto and Triton.
- A study of Asymptotic Giant Branch stars using the Very Large Telescope Interferometer, which could also tell us about the future of our own Sun.
- A glimpse into the early universe with SINFONI surveys studying the growth of massive, distant galaxies.
Download The Messenger in PDF format or visit The Messenger website to subscribe and receive a free printed copy.
- The Messenger No. 145 (September 2011)
About the Announcement